Monday, February 8, 2010

CES Update: Student's Brilliant Idea

INTEGRATED EDUCATIONAL STUDIES STUDENT'S BRILLIANT IDEA

On December 9th 2009, an organization called Active Minds held an event on campus called "Furry Friends for Finals." The purpose of this event was to help relieve some stress that the students throughout campus have during the weeks right before finals. Active Minds is a club on campus that helps promote mental health awareness. When the club came together to think of a nice way to help relieve that stress amongst the students, we thought of this idea of bringing puppies on campus. It has been psychologically proven that individuals who own dogs and pets have lower stresses in their lives. I have my own Maltese at home, and whenever I am with her, I always have a smile on my face. There is never a dull moment with her. In fact, now being a college student, I wish I could stay and cuddle with her or just hang out with her whenever I feel stressed fro m the workloads around me. The "Furry Friends for Finals" event was organized to help the students step away from the real world for a few minutes and just relieve the emotions they have inside. Knowing that I am in the Integrated Educational Studies Program, I am involved in this club because I want to help promote the well being of others in my future. Knowing that I am in the Integrated Educational Studies Program, I am involved in this club because I want to help promote the well being of others in my future. I also have a Leadership and Psychology Minor. With this major and two minors, I hope to definitely educate and assist the children, teenagers, and individuals around me in how to believe in themselves and promote the well beings of others in their lives as well. Joining Active Minds has helped me to come up with events and ideas on how I can definitely do this for others and myself in the nearby future.

No comments:

Post a Comment